As part of the LEP's and West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s commitment to creating an economy that works for everyone, new measures have been introduced to encourage businesses to maximise their positive impact on the region.
Make a positive impact
Inclusive growth means allowing everyone in the Leeds City Region to be able to contribute to and benefit from wealth creation, enjoy the benefits of a strong economy and enjoy a decent standard of living. As part of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the LEP’s commitment to creating an economy that works for everyone, new measures have been introduced to encourage businesses to maximise their positive impact on the region.
Businesses receiving a grant are expected to sign up to one or more of the LEP’s commitments to drive forward inclusive growth. The LEP and its network of partners can help businesses access products and services that will help them to take these positive actions. Commitments include:
- Improve skills and employability of young people in education
- Improve skills and employment opportunities for local and disadvantaged people
- Increase training and development opportunities in the workplace
- Work with the LEP Clean Growth team to identify and implement meaningful actions to make the business more environmentally sustainable
- Commit to paying staff the Real Living Wage within an agreed timescale
- Pay small business suppliers in accordance with the Prompt Payment Code (only for employers with over 100 employees)
Please note – inclusive growth commitments are not a stand alone support offering for businesses.
The expected commitment will vary depending on the level of grant awarded:
- For grants from £10,000 to £24,999, you are encouraged to voluntarily commit to undertaking at least one inclusive growth commitments
- For grants from £25,000 - £49,999, you are expected to agree to one or more of the commitments
- For grants from £50,000 - £99,999, you are expected to agree to two or more of the commitments
- For grants from £100,000 - £249,999, you are expected to agree to three or more of the commitments
- For grants of £250,000 and above, you are expected to agree to four or more of the commitments
Contact the business support service for initial guidance and advice on these commitments, or for more information on business support in West Yorkshire.