We can help you to access funding, specialist workshops and one-to-one advice and expertise to develop new products and processes.
Access Innovation is a package of support available to businesses to develop new products and processes. We can help you to access funding, specialist workshops and one-to-one advice and expertise. There are two strands to the programme:
Funding to access specialist equipment/expertise
Collaboration projects: We can fund up to 30% of the cost of accessing specialist expertise, equipment or facilities. There are different types of research organisation and innovation specialists we can put you in touch with to help you to develop your project.
We can typically support projects of between £10,000 and £100,000 – ie. a maximum grant value of up to £30,000.
Equipment purchases: We can also fund up to 20% of the cost of purchasing equipment to bring new products or processes to market. Equipment purchases may be between £10,000 and £100,000 – ie. a maximum grant of up to £20,000.
How to apply: Please contact our business growth team on 0113 348 1818 or email Business.Growth@the-lep.com to discuss your project or innovation needs further.
Specialist innovation workshops and advice
Together, we will agree on an effective, sustainable and achievable action plan for your business.
Your business will receive support and coaching relevant to your company to help you tackle identified barriers and develop your approach to innovation. Activities and workshops include:
- A dedicated Innovation Specialist to understand your challenges and guide you through our programme
- Emerging technology insights based on your sector to inform and inspire your future innovation activity
- Networking events with peer interaction, inspiring stories and innovation expertise on-hand
- Bootcamp workshops to address specific practical innovation challenges.
- One-to-one in-depth innovation management coaching, drawing on a pool of innovation experts and consultancy resources
How to apply: This support is delivered by our partner, RTC North. More information on the programme, workshop listing and details of how to register are available here.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible for support, your business must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) defined as:
- Having fewer than 250 employees AND
- A turnover of under c£40m OR a balance sheet of under c£35m
- Not being part of a larger group of companies that takes it over this threshold
- Based in the Leeds City Region (excluding Barnsley), ie. it has a trading address in the Leeds City Region
- In an eligible sector – this generally excludes primary agriculture, banking and financial services, and those trading directly with consumers – eg. retail and hospitality.
If you are a research organisation
The latest live opportunities are listed below. You can also complete our contact form (downloadable Word doc) and we will email you with the latest live opportunities.
As part of the LEP’s commitment to delivering inclusive growth that benefits everyone, we have introduced new measures to encourage businesses to maximise their positive impact on the region.
If you receive a grant of £25,000 or over, you will be expected to make additional inclusive growth commitments. There are lots of different ways businesses can get on board, from volunteering in a local school to becoming a real Living Wage employer.
Additionally, businesses receiving a grant of less than £25,000 are encouraged to volunteer to undertake an inclusive growth commitment.
The LEP and its network of partners can help you to access several products and services that will help businesses to take these positive actions. Initial guidance and advice on these commitments are available here.