We’re committed to reducing West Yorkshire’s carbon emissions to net zero by 2038 at the latest. Businesses will play a vital role in this transition.
Green strategies can help companies to become more efficient, competitive and resilient. Yet it can be hard to know where to start. This series of breakfast briefings aims to equip small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with the information they need to plan for a greener future.
Support for Businesses
By attending an event, you will learn about the support options available to your business such as:
- Measuring your environmental impact and understanding how climate change might affect your operations.
- Ensuring you attract, develop and retain a greener, healthier and inclusive workforce.
- Taking steps like installing energy efficient equipment or flood resilience measures.
- Accessing research and academic expertise to enhance your business.
There will also be an opportunity to learn from other businesses about their green journeys and network over a free breakfast at the face-to-face events.
Make a difference in your business and community. Book your space at one of the events below and take the next steps towards a sustainable future:
- 28th September - 8-10am - The Knowledge Exchange, The Rose Bowl, Leeds, LS1 3HB
- 26th October – 8.30-9.30am - Online Webinar - does not include networking or breakfast
- 23rd October – 8-10am - The Knowledge Exchange, The Rose Bowl, Leeds, LS1 3HB
See how we've helped other businesses
Guiseley-based fabric manufacturer, Abraham Moon, are forecast save over £10,000 per year on energy bills with support from the LEP.
Batley-based bed manufacturer, Excellent Relax, to save over £17,000 per year on bills and cut carbon emissions after switching to energy efficient equipment.
Pontefract-based manufacturer, Dempsey Dyer, to save over £26,000 per year on energy bills and reduce carbon emissions following support from the LEP.
Circular Economy: save money, reduce waste and cut carbon emissions
Cleaner, greener strategies can make your business more efficient and place less pressure on your cash flow. With the current economic challenges, why not turn your waste into a source of resilience?