We can offer free efficiency audits and consultancy advice, hands-on business support, and up to 40% capital grant funding of up to £40,000 to help you save money, material resources and carbon.
Businesses across the UK lose £billions on wasted resources. Becoming more resource efficient can help businesses become more resilient, save money, and stay competitive. Resource efficiency brings significant environmental benefits as our region aims to become net-zero carbon by 2038.
Resource efficiency is beneficial to businesses because it can help to:
- Save your business money
- Reduce your energy and water consumption, and waste disposal
- Reduce your operating costs and increase resilience-to-input cost increases
- Enhance your environmental performance
- Improve your business image and open up new supply chain opportunities
- Assist compliance with legal requirements
- Increase your carbon savings
Investing in resource efficiency basics such as energy efficient lighting or improving recycling processes in your business can also be a first step to adopting circular economy business practices.
The REBiz Programme
If you want to lower your energy usage, reduce your water and waste costs, and minimise your impact on the environment, we can help.
The Resource Efficient Business (REBiz) programme provides advice and financial support for small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to become more resource efficient, and adopt circular business models and practices.
This programme is delivered in partnership with the York and North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (Y&NY LEP), and available to businesses across West and North Yorkshire.
REBiz is supported by the European Regional Development Fund and the Northern Powerhouse Growth Deal.
Through the REBiz programme, eligible businesses can receive advice and financial support to become more resource efficient. We also help businesses to develop circular economy business models and practices, helping you keep products and materials in use, by design, for as long as possible to get the maximum value from them.
- Free resource efficiency audits worth to £1,200
- 40% funding towards capital investment projects to a maximum £40,000 grant
- Free circular economy consultancy of up to 30 days intensive support including:
- Identification of opportunities and options appraisal
- Research and review of suitable process innovations and technologies
- Proof of concept
- Stakeholder engagement
- Market research, development and testing
- Business model review, development, and planning
Pontefract-based manufacturer, Dempsey Dyer, to save over £26,000 per year on energy bills and reduce carbon emissions following support from the LEP.
Circular Economy: save money, reduce waste and cut carbon emissions
Cleaner, greener strategies can make your business more efficient and place less pressure on your cash flow. With the current economic challenges, why not turn your waste into a source of resilience?
VIDEO: Azo's success story with the Resource Efficiency Fund
Hear how Halifax-based Azo reduced their gas bills by a third and halved their energy costs thanks to support from the LEP’s Resource Efficiency Fund.
Get in touch for more information
To find out if your business is eligible for support and to learn more, get in touch with our Business Growth Service on 0113 348 1818 or email us for more information.