Support for SME homebuilders

Support is available for SME builders based in Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield or York.

Where can I find public-sector-owned land to develop?

  • Go to the relevant Local Authorities own property website. You can find them online or call us on 0113 348 1818 for more details.
  • Contact Homes England who annually publish a list of public land sites that are, or are likely to be available for sale. 
  • Use the Government Property Finder to find government-owned property, buildings or land in the UK.

What expertise is available?

For help with planning

For help with skills and training

  • The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) helps companies to improve skills, increase their competitiveness and respond to challenges such as the low carbon agenda, reducing costs on site and recruiting the best talent. 
  • The Skills Service can help develop the skills of your employees and identify the right training solutions. 
  • For businesses with less than 50 employees taking on an apprentice for the first time, a grant of £2000 is now available

What SME funding is available?

Government supported finance

  • The Home Building Fund is a loan fund aimed at small businesses where finance is a barrier.  It is designed to increase the number of homes built in England and is open to house builders or companies that prepare sites for housing developments. 
  • Housing Growth Partnership is a social impact investor backed by Lloyds Bank and Homes England that provides equity finance to house builders in order to help increase the number of homes built in the UK. 
  • Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund provides commercially focussed finance through microfinance, debt and equity finance funds. 

LEP grants

Get in touch for advice or support

Get in touch with our Business Support Service and we can help you find the right support for your business needs. You can call us on 0113 348 1818 or email us for more information.