Do you need to address skills gaps within your business to ensure you have a strong, diverse, future-proofed workforce?
Would you like to access talented students and graduates from local colleges and universities to help your business grow?
Are you interested in taking on an intern, offering a work placement or involving an undergraduate student in a business project?
By working with the Skills for Growth team, your business will have access to free one-to-one, impartial support from a Business Partnership Adviser. They can:
- Help you to identify skills gaps within your business and provide bespoke solutions
- Create partnerships between your business and education providers so you can access talented graduates with relevant qualifications
- Explore how your business could offer internships and industrial placements to help strengthen your talent pipeline
Collaborating with education providers is good for business for several reasons. By engaging with education, businesses can:
- Take on an enthusiastic individual to bring energy and new ideas to the business
- Make use of flexible working arrangements, such as short-term placements or one-off projects
- Raise awareness of your industry and what skills are needed to succeed
- Shape your future workforce and improve staff retention by working with individuals at the start of their careers
Support through Skills for Growth is available to any business based in Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York.
LCR Skills for Growth is part-funded by European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.