Applications for the LEP Apprenticeship Grant for Employers closed on Friday 29 November 2019.
The below information is for businesses who have already been successful in receiving a grant.
Grant eligibility criteria:
- Businesses with 249 or fewer employees within local authority areas of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York
- Have never offered apprenticeships before
- Are offering new employment as an apprenticeship opportunity to 19-24 year-olds with associated apprenticeship training via a training provider approved by the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- The apprentices must be following a recognised Apprenticeship Standard or Framework
- Are paying the national minimum wage for the age of the apprentice from day one of their apprenticeship training (above the apprenticeship wage of £3.90). This equates to £6.15 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 per hour for 21 – 24 year olds.
An additional top up grant of £500 was on offer if:
For more information about the grant, download the documents below:
For support and free impartial advice with employing apprentices, contact the Business Support Service on 0113 348 1818 or email BusinessSupport@the-lep.com.
Alternatively read our Employers’ Apprenticeship Toolkit for further detailed information.