Are you looking to do something different in your business? We have a team of Innovation Growth Managers that can help you access the support and funding that is right for you.
Innovation is key to creating efficiencies, increasing revenues, and improving productivity. The Covid-19 pandemic has further highlighted the importance of businesses doing things differently to become more resilient and flexible, adapting to economic changes and new ways of working.
At the LEP, we provide a specialist innovation support service, offering SMEs up to 12-hours of support, or more in some circumstances, to implement innovative practices in their business. Through this service, a dedicated Innovation Growth Manager can help you with:
- Embedding innovation practices or processes into your business
- Accessing specialist expertise from universities, catapult centres and organisations from the private sector
- Funding or grants to support projects, including:
- Advice about local, regional, or national innovation grants including through universities and Innovate UK
- LEP funding for collaborative innovation projects of up to £25,000 (primarily aimed at SMEs that have not previously undertaken collaborative innovation project)
- LEP funding for high-impact projects of up to £100,000 that can demonstrate industry-leading innovation that addresses opportunities around industrial digitalisation, health technology or greener economy
- Ongoing one-to-one support to help you make your project a success
Connecting Innovation is delivered by Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership in partnership with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund for England and the Local Growth Fund.
Xalient provides an innovative suite of cloud-based IT solutions to large enterprises including Kellogg’s, Warner Music Group and Mondelēz International. Due to the success of the business, the firm recently expanded into new offices in Leeds. With support LEP, Xalient was able to work access specialist expertise from Leeds Beckett University and invest in innovative technology and equipment to accelerate business growth.
The facilities that the LEP offer are fantastic, but more importantly, the people that are behind those facilities really engage and help you make the right decisions as you move forward.
As part of the LEP’s commitment to delivering inclusive growth that benefits everyone, we have introduced new measures to encourage businesses to maximise their positive impact on the region.
If you receive a grant of £25,000 or over, you will be expected to make additional inclusive growth commitments. There are lots of different ways businesses can get on board, from volunteering in a local school to becoming a real Living Wage employer.
Additionally, businesses receiving a grant of less than £25,000 are encouraged to volunteer to undertake an inclusive growth commitment.
The LEP and its network of partners can help businesses to access several products and services that will help them to take these positive actions. Initial guidance and advice on these commitments are available here.