Keynote Announced for Convention of the North with NP11 event on 13 September
On behalf of the Convention of the North with NP11, I’d like to update you our joint event on Friday September 13 at Magna in Rotherham.
The Convention of the North with NP11 have announced the keynote business speaker for the joint event on Friday September 13 at Magna in Rotherham will be Ruth Nic Aoidh, Executive Director – Commercial & Legal at McLaren Automotive.
Ruth Nic Aoidh is responsible for the strategic and commercial affairs across all aspects of the business. She will share her views on why an internationally renowned brand, such as McLaren, chose to invest in the North and to outline the company’s vision.
She joins a strong and growing line-up which will include local authority and business leaders representing the North, as well as leading experts such as:
- Amir Hussain, CEO of the award-winning Bradford Architectural practice, YEME Architects
- Dame Julie Kenny, Chair of Wentworth Woodhouse Preservation Trust
- Simone Roche MBE, founder and CEO of Northern Power Women
- Ruth Ibegbuna, Founding Director of the Roots Programme
- Barry White, Chief Executive of Transport for the North
- Emma Sheldon MBE, Board Member of UK India Business Council
- Angela Seener, Director of Transformation at Sellafield
- Annette Bramley, Director of N8 Research Partnership
With support from Government, the Convention of the North with NP11 will bring together the North’s political, business, community and academic leaders, along with young people’s groups around a common agenda for the future of the North.
The event, which will be a working convention to debate policy across several key themes: skills and education, housing, transport, innovation, trade and investment, and clean growth, has been designed to be accessible and inclusive to the whole of the North.
Broadcaster and proud Northerner Steph McGovern has been confirmed as the host of the event. Northern leaders speaking at the event will include Sheffield City Region Mayor Dan Jarvis, Chair of the Convention Cllr Nick Forbes, Chair of the NP11 and of the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership Roger Marsh OBE, and Northern Powerhouse Minister, Rt Hon Jake Berry MP.
The event is intended to make a powerful, unified case to the new Prime Minister and Government for tangible investment in the Northern Powerhouse.