Experience and Attributes
Board Members must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A clear strategic vision, strong leadership skills and a demonstrable understanding of the drivers of inclusive economic prosperity.
- Well-connected with demonstrable links with other businesses and organisations relevant to the Board agenda.
- Preparedness to assume leadership roles on specific issues by agreement with the Chair to help drive work forward across the LEP between Board meetings.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking.
- Experience of driving change and innovation in the private sector
- Significant experience of leading a successful business based within West Yorkshire; to demonstrate credibility and achievement as a driver of private sector growth in the region.
- Commitment to serve for up to three years: attend regular LEP Board meetings, other regional/national events and to champion the work of the LEP.
Diversity of Board Members
We are looking for business leaders who can help us make the best decisions for the region, by representing the diversity of communities and economies in our area.
Applications are welcomed from all different sectors and sizes of business within the region, from all the geographic areas covered by the LEP. We actively encourage more applications from women and minority ethnic communities to ensure a diverse and balanced Board membership.
This diversity is one of our key strengths and something we need to capitalise upon.
Through the recruitment process we are seeking to broaden the gender and ethnic diversity on the Board and contribute experience and attributes which helps us understand and represent specific places, sectors and approaches including:
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Digital and technology-led innovation
- Construction and infrastructure
- Health and medtech
- Culture and creative
- Clean growth/environmental technologies
- Finance and professional services
- Voluntary & Communities / Social Enterprise
- Small / micro business