The skills service supports small and medium sized businesses to source and finance the training they need, addressing the skills priorities of Leeds City Region.
Our expert skills advisors will help businesses by:
- offering a comprehensive skills assessment
- supporting with longer–term skills planning
- sourcing the most appropriate training
- providing funding to eligible businesses
- guiding businesses through the process
We have funding available and businesses can apply for grants of between £500 and £50,000 to contribute towards the cost of their training. Applications are assessed on a case by case basis and eligible businesses can get support to upskill staff, in some cases attracting funding for up to 50% of training costs.
Click here to check if you're eligible for skills funding
To be eligible for skills funding, your business must:
- be based in the Leeds City Region
- employ fewer than 250 people and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million
- be able to contribute at least 50% of the cost of the training
- be in one of our priority sectors (creative and digital, finance and business, hospitality and tourism, low carbon and construction, manufacturing and engineering, transport and logistics and medical technology).
If you are not sure if you are in one of our priority sectors or would like to have an informal conversation with our team, please call 0113 3861910 or click here to check your eligibility and apply online.
Want to work with us?
Are you a training provider interested in working with us, or an organisation who could support us to promote the skills service? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*The LEP skills service is delivered by a consortium, which is made up of Calderdale College, Leeds City College, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry on behalf of the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges. It has been partly supported by HM Government.*